Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blog 1

When i first started reading I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good book, but it only took one chapter to really get into it.

Regina is the main character she use to belong to the Fearsome Fivesome, an all-girl clique who are all feared by everyone at Hallowell High. Until horrible rumours went around about Regina, When she face the fact that she was going to drop down the social ladder, she new she wasn't going to have any more friends. The rumor that went around was done by a girl named Kate and she also took her place in the group with her friends. Regina had told Kate that she was raped by her best friends boyfriend but Kate spread a rumor that she had sex with her best friends boyfriend. When word got around at school Regina was hated and had no friends and no one to sit with at lunch. Her old friends wanted to make her pay and spent every chance to do so. As time goes by she hates going to school even more until one day she decides to go sit with a guy named Michael Hayden who had a vary tragic past. Although when Regina was part of the Fearsome Fivesome she bullied Michael. Both of their friendships with each don’t come easy, but Regina works hard to make up for her past and what she had done.

The author gets you to keep read and holds your interest and by making the end of each part more intense and makes you read on. Courtney Summers does a great job at making us as readers to stay interested.

Question: If you lost all of your friends and had a horrible rumor spread about you that wasn’t true and it ended up destroying your last year in high school like it did to Regina, what would you do? Would you trust someone you use to make fun of or keep to yourself?



7 comments:

Megan said...

If a rumour about me that wasnt true got spread around my school I think that I would try to stop it. I would try to make sure that everyone knew what truley happened, and try to get my friends back. I would not keep to myself because that will look like I believe the rumour was true. I would try to make new friends even if it was a person I used to bully.

Anonymous said...

I would try my hardest to get the truth out if a rumour that bad started going about. I sure wouldnt keep to myself either, it would show submission to something I know is not true. I would just keep spreading the truth and, hopefully in the process, get my friends back.

Kimberly said...

If a rumor started going around the school about me i would try and stop it and if that didn't work then i would just let it go and forget about it. If the rumor progressed to the point where i was getting picked on then yes i would deffinatly do something about it but until then people can say whatever they want doesnt mean its true.

Catarina.C said...

If someone was spreading a rumour about me at my school, I don't think I would care to much, it all depends on what people are saying about me. If it was about me personally I wouldn't care, but If someone started talking about my family then I would get involved and confront that person that's spreading the rumours.

Jessica said...

If I lost all of my friends and had a rumor spread about me that wasn’t true I would talk to everybody and explain what had really happened, and if nobody listened then they weren't true friends so I wouldn't waste any more time on them. I think that I would get to know the person before I even thought about trusting them because without knowing someone you will never know what they are really capable of.

erica said...

If i lost all my friends,and it was my fault i would try my best to get them back,I would show them how much i cared,and do everything i could to make them see how much our friendship is worth.
But if it wasnt my fault,i would try to show them that it is all a missunderstanding.If they didnt believe me,and everything i could posible do didnt make them believe me i wouldnt waste any more time,cause true friends wouldnt do that.
I dont know if i would trust someone i once made fun of,because i ruined his life and put him down,and i would expect him to get revenge on me.But it depends on the person,maybe hes a good guy,maybe hes easier to trust than my freinds

Reesor said...

I'd first be devestated that a rumour was being spread around school about me. The fact that my friends would believe it too would also crush me. I'd probably keep a low profile for a while, but I'd really want to make things right and try to stop it. Untrue rumours can really destroy a person's confidence, and can do more damage that you'll ever know!